1. Your privacy: Misk is committed to ensuring the privacy of your information.
5. Personal information: In order to use particular services that we offer, you may need to submit certain personal information such as your email address, name, gender and date of birth. You may be asked to submit further information from time to time. If you connect your Facebook account to your account with Misk, we will access these accounts to identify which of your friends on those services are also using Misk.
7. Log data: We also receive information when you view content on, or otherwise interact with, our services, which we refer to as “Log Data”, even if you have not created a Misk account. This Log Data includes information such as your IP address, browser type, operating system, the referring web page, pages visited, location, your mobile carrier, device information (including device and application IDs), search terms, and cookie information. We use Log Data to operate our services and to ensure their secure, reliable, and robust performance. For example, we use Log Data to protect the security of your account and to determine what features are popular on our services. We also use this data to improve the content we show you and to identify potential misuse of our services.
8. Use of information: The personal information you provide us will only be used in relation to the services we provide you, to communicate with you in relation to our services or to co-operate with any government, industry or regulatory authorities.
9. Disclosure of information: Unless you have expressly authorised us to do so, we will not disclose your personal information to any third party except where disclosure relates to the purposes for which the information was collected (as stated in paragraph 8 above).
10. Access to and updates of information: You may request at any time to access the personal information that we hold on your behalf or to correct or update any of your personal information (to the extent that you are unable to do so yourself on the App) of your registered account on Misk.
11. Storage of information: We will securely store your personal information in third party services that comply with GDPR, although you acknowledge and agree that your personal information may be transferred outside of Portugal in connection with the services we offer, as further set out in clause 12 below.
12. Global operations and Privacy Shield: To bring you our services, we operate globally. Where the laws of your country allow you to do so, you authorise us to transfer, store, and use your data in Portugal, the United States, the U.K., and any other country where we might operate. In some of the countries to which we transfer personal data, the privacy and data protection laws and rules regarding when government authorities may access data may vary from those of your country. When we transfer personal data outside of the European Union or EFTA States, we ensure an adequate level of protection for the rights of data subjects based on the adequacy of the receiving country’s data protection laws, contractual obligations placed on the recipient of the data, or EU-US and Swiss-US Privacy Shield principles
13. Retention: We will hold your personal information both before and after the deactivation or your account, but only for as long as we are lawfully entitled to do so, or until you request that we permanently delete it.
14. Deactivation and deletion: You can request permanent deletion via email. When deleted, your Misk account, including your username, profile and content will no longer be viewable on the App, but they will be retained unless request us to permanently delete all of your information. If you don’t request full deletion, then it is possible to request the reactivation of your account if it was accidentally or wrongfully deactivated. We cannot restore permanently deleted accounts.
15. Security: You must keep any login, password or account information relating to your use of the App secure at all times, and must immediately notify us of any unauthorized use of such information or any other breach of security. We will not be liable for any loss or damage if you fail to comply with this security obligation.
This policy was last updated in May 2018 and is effective from 25 May 2018.